Found septated cyst in kidney. Is this the cause of concern?

I have a some cyst in my kidney they have been following for years. One went from 6mm to 8mm 6 months ago and is now 1cm, it also had and does have a sepatation in it. There is also a 7mm cyst next to that one with a sepatation. I know what a sepatation is and I saw it on the Ultra Sound. I don't have the report that was done today yet in my hand but the Tech. showed me it and the 1cm almost looked like it could be 2 cyst close together but it's not, it's one. The sepatation lines are not real thick or coarse from what I could see and didn't appear to have any nodules on them, I will know more tomorrow. What I would like to ask at this point is it normal for a cyst to grow from 8mm to 1cm in 5-6 months and with more than one cyst with a sepatation should that be of concern? I am 55 years old, I run 8 miles at least 5 days a week and workout regularly, eat healthy and don't smoke and I am a female, I don't have any symptoms and I take good care of myself. I am concerned because it has grown and has a sepatation, 2 of the cysts. Thank you for your help,
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 3 hours later

Simple cysts in the kidney are normally seen with aging. However simple cysts don't usually have sepations.

It is possible that the septation in the cyst is actually two cysts adjacent to each other.

If you don't have any fever, discomfort while passing urine or any pain in the back it is less likely that they are something to be worried about.

If there is doubt Contrast enhanced CT would give a better picture of the kidneys and the cyst.

The size of cyst may differ by few mm as the size depends on the way the probe is held and in which angle the cyst has been visualized.

Even if the cyst may not have changed size, the measurements may differ each time an ultrasound is done.

Hope this helps

Warm Regards