Found sandy grits in stools. Should I worry?

Apr 2014

XXXXXXX grits in toilet after I flush from poop should I be worried
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to taurine deficiency. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX XXXXXXX grits in stool may be due to deficiency of taurine(it is an aminoacid)in the body.Taurine is helpful in bile production.It becomes deficient in bowel inflammation and sulphur deficiency in the body. You shouldn't be so worried.You don't have typical symptoms of taurine deficiency. You can have stool examination(routine and microscopic).It will relieve your anxiety and exclude possibility any problem. Taurine deficiency is diagnosed in the blood.If there is any abnormality,you can consult your doctor. You should continue your medicines for hyperthyroidism and anxiety. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX