Found red blotches on arm. Started spreading. Am I allergic to something?

I am 31 female and I suddenly found red blotches on my arm
My dad saw them yesterday. Now it seems to be spreading down the arm. It doesn't itch. Could it be that I'm allergic to something?

Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand you concern. The photograph suggests that the lesions are urticaria. They are an allergic reaction to something that you have come in contact lately. I suggest that you consult your doctor who would take a detailed history and may even order some investigations to come to a cause for them. In the mean time you can take some anti-allergy medication like cetrizine three times a day. However the doctor would like to see the blotches to make his opinion which will reduce after taking the medication.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please do revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal