Found raised moles on leg. Noticed pain and redness after picking. What should I do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi. I am a 21 year old female with many moles. I recently noticed a small, uniform mole on my Lower leg that has become slightly raised with a darker center than the rest of the mole. Thinking the dark center was a scab, I picked it and now the mole is red and painful. If you could give me any advice on This it woul be greatly appreciated. Also I have other moles that are two colored ( flat small moles darker in the center and lighter around the edges)
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
I have seen the images attached. Since your picked on the mole, the pain and redness is likely to be due to a mild inflammation.
This does not seem to be worrisome and is likely to subside in a week.
You only need to self monitor these lesions for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear and persist for more than a week it means they need to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Found raised moles on leg. Noticed pain and redness after picking. What should I do? 9 minutes later
Did you think the mole looked suspicious before picking at it? I attached a picture of the original mole as well
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The mole doesn't look suspicious and you can wait for 2 weeks for a spontaneous recovery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.