Found raised brown mole on scrotum. Hurts to touch. Should I be concerned?

Feb 2013

My 11-year-old son just discovered a raised brown mole on his scrotum, in the "crease" between his testicles. He said it hurts if you rub it. It's about tick size -- I know this because he had a tick there when he was about 6. In fact, we were originally concerned that it might be a tick, and had to get a magnifying glass to verify that it is, in fact, a mole (in other words, if you've ever seen an implanted tick, that is what this resembles). Is this anything to worry about? Thanks!
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 53 minutes later
Thank you for your query,
As you have seen this red brown raised skin lesion under magnifying glass mostly it will be a mole.
There will be different sensation if you rub a mole and some times it described by kids as it hurting.
Nothing to worry and whenever your child have well child visit show to your Pediatrician.
Problematic issues with moles in children are rare.Watch for the increase in the size, any ulceration, change in the colour and any inguinal lymphnode enlargement. If any change you report to your doctor.
Hope i have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Found raised brown mole on scrotum. Hurts to touch. Should I be concerned? 33 hours later
Thanks -- I figured it was nothing, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks again, and have a great weekend/week!
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later
Thank you very much.

In the next routine consult with his pediatrician, you may get it examined. Nothing to worry.

Hope I have answered your query. You may want to ask me a query at this link in future.

Happy Weekend to your family and you.

Thank you!