Found positive for pregnancy. What are the criteria to get pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2015
Jun 2015

Question
LMP march 12th 2013 26 day average messed around on my husband on march 20th very little penetration and no ejaculation he couldn't keep his erection!! Just found out on April 8 th I am pregnant whats the chances this caused it??? I had unprotected with my husband after that full ejaculation
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 33 minutes later

To be pregnant, 2 criteria should be fulfilled:
1. Fusion of sperm with ovum to form a fertilized ovum.
2. Implantation of the fertilized ovum in the Uterus.

So, the involvement of sperm is needed.

The pre cum (pre ejaculatory fluid) is also found to have low levels of sperm in it.
So, even if this pre ejaculatory fluid enters into the genital tract (even with little penetration & no ejaculation of semen as such), the sperms present in the pre cum can fertilize the ovum.
Hence, resulting in pregnancy.

In case of doubt, you can repeat the Pregnancy test.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.

Follow-up: Found positive for pregnancy. What are the criteria to get pregnant? 3 minutes later
I know for sure I am pregnant I just wanted to know the chances of getting pregnant by the 20th encounter?!!

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 17 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Since your LMP was on 12th March & you had intercourse on 20th March, that is within a gap of 8 days, there is no chance of getting pregnant even if there is complete ejaculation.

The ovulation usually takes place by 14th day of the cycle (average 12-14 days) & the period before this is considered as 'safe period'.

Hope I have been able to answer your question.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Found positive for pregnancy. What are the criteria to get pregnant? 14 minutes later
Thank you soooo much I didn't think I could have gotten pregnant by that encounter!!! We never really had intercourse just fooled around cause he couldn't make his work!!! The first test I took on April 8th only showed a faint positive so I can't be that far along!!! I just don't want to screw my family up that was a very stupid mistake I made even fooling around with anyone else!!! Yes LMP March 12th lasted 4 days usually a 26 day cycle!!

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 9 minutes later

You are most welcome.

According to your LMP there is no chance of getting pregnant from that encounter.

There is no need to worry.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Thanks & take care.