Found pimples on clitoris. Having burning sensation and pain. What to do?

by the way, it is actually pimples or spots in my clitoris n vaginal area. Having burning sensation n pain everytime i pee. Plz advice urgently. Thanks
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This could be a UTI or a STD

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
Burning while passing urine is mostly due to water.
However, if you have any obvious lesion (pimples or spots whatever you say) on your clitoris or vaginal opening you must see a doctor to sort this out. This may represent a sexually transmitted disease (STD) like herpes.
You should avoid unprotested sex till this is ruled out.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Found pimples on clitoris. Having burning sensation and pain. What to do? 14 minutes later
it started off as having white discharge n caused itchiness n discomfort that made me scratch my vaginal area often. i went to see the pharmacist n she prescribed me a one day treatment tablet to be inserted in my vagina. By the next day, the white discharge is gone. Then i got my period after 2 days, am still on my period now. But since yesterday, i have been having these spots or pimples in my clitoris n vaginal area n it is causing pain n discomfort n causing even more burning sensation n pain when peeing. Are these the symptoms for std like herpes? If so, how can it be treated? A big thanks for ur help
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need proper testing first

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response you are welcome here with all your queries.
So, you have a recent history of vaginal discharge, that was probably well treated.
Your present symptoms could represent a STD, which one? can't say without proper testing. Not necessarily herpes which has no cure so far. Only symptoms can be controlled.
Please visit a Gynecologist in your area or any other doctor for swab testing & may be certain blood tests to confirm the disease first.