Found painless tiny lump in mouth. Concerned for mouth cancer

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX and I am a 28year old male. I'm somewhat of a hypochondriac and the other day I was feeling in my mouth and found a very tiny lump. The location is left side all the way down on the base between where my gums and cheek XXXXXXX It is not painful, it cannot be seen with the naked eye and it holds no color. I can just feel a little bump, whereas I cannot feel the same bump on the right side. I quit chewing tobacco, after off and on chewing for 4-5 years. I'm constantly concerned that I have mouth cancer.
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The small painless lump that you have detected inside the mouth could be a small cyst, blocked gland or a lymph node. A small soft swelling less than 2cm in size and non progressive is not likely to be due to a cancer.
A careful examination is an integral part of diagnosis.
Till the time you XXXXXXX your dentist avoid smoking, use iodine mouth wash and listerine mouth wash to keep the area clean.
Avoid hot and spicy foods.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.