Found painless lump on abdomen. Could it be hernia?
User rating for this question
I am a 49 year old female. I discovered a lump in my abdomen about 4 above my navel, slightly to the right. When I push on it, it make a "squish" sensation. There is no pain. Is this typical of a hernia or some other sort of mass?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 36 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. That could be a hernia as you said. Some women have such a hernia in parallel with the abdominal muscle that connects pubis to sternum in the mid line. It is good that go to the doctor for examination. Usually if the diameter is more than 2 centimeter, he may decide to repair it. In some cases, it is preferred to do nothing. A good way to prevent such hernias is to strengthen the muscle of the abdomen are by regular exercise. Pregnancy is one of the risk factors for their formation since it cause dilatation of the abdomen area. Let me know if you have any other question.
People also viewed
- Lump in the groin could this be hernia
- Side effect of calcitriol
- Is swelling of the face, fingers, or lower legs a side effect of valacyclovir?
- Could vertical shaped lump above bellybutton be a hernia
- Side effect of amitiza
- Is numbness or tingling of the hands, feet, or face a side effect of tapazole?
- Is numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips a side effect of invokana?
- Side effect of taxol
- Side effect of combivir
- Found painless lump on abdomen could it be hernia
- Hernia lump left rib
- Is numbness or tingling of the face, hands, or feet a side effect of doxy 200?
- Side effect of aviane
- Is lump in neck a hernia
- Is numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips a side effect of naproxen?