Found out to be pregnant. Had used paint, sprays and harmful fumes. Will that effect my baby?

I just found out I am pregnant (4 weeks along) and spent several days last week spray painting, sealing and using chemicals for the clean up. I did spray paint outside in a garage with some ventilation, wore gloves and took breaks often to breathe fresh air. However, I am very concerned since the fumes were quite strong at the time. I never would have done this had I known I was pregnant. I read that spray paint fumes may cause birth defects and I am very concerned as to what I subjected my unborn child to.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Very low risk... Detailed Answer: Hi, Iunderstand your concern. The exact risk associated with use of paint spray fumes during pregnancy is unknown. But it is believed to be very, very low. In fact risk associated with any inhalational drug/product is low as systemic absorption through lung is low for most of the products. So do not be concerned. Use folic acid supplement - 5mg tablet once a day for proper neurological development and follow up regularly with an obstetrician for antenatal check ups. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Best regards