Found movable lump on forearm. Should I be worried?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a pea-sized lump on my forearm,1 inch to the elbow. It's almost invisible but I can feel it when I touch it by my finger. It feels like a cartilage (hard and a little bit soft) and can move very little when I push it by finger. No pain. But it grows from 1/3 of a pea to the full size pea within 2 month. Is this anything to worry about?
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The lump that you have noticed on your forearm can be due to-
1. Ganglion Cyst: This is because muscle tissues in the area of the joints can become inflamed through strains, sprains or repeatedly being injured.
2. Synovial Cyst: is again a fluid-filled sack
3. Lipoma
4. Swollen Lymph Node: This can be due to infections like bacterial or viral.
5. Bursitis or Epicondylitis: This is also a infectious tissue.
To get rid from this problem you may need a course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Usually these types of bumps get recovered by medications. As the lump is gradually growing it is always advisable to consult your doctor and get clinically examined. Nothing can be commented without clinical examination of the bump. So feel free to consult your doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Found movable lump on forearm. Should I be worried? 28 hours later
Thank you so much for your answer. Can I know which kind of doctor I should see?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
It would be best to consult an orthopedician for the swelling you are having.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.