Found lump under pectoral. Should I be concerned for it?

Hi, I am 41 year old male and observed a hard piece of lump of 1 inches exactly under my left pectoral. I felt this in 2007 for the first time. It is now 6 yrs it is there. I do not see that it has increased in its size.

It is hard rubber like to feel and do not cause any pain at all when I press it. I does not move around in the skin.

DO I need to be concerned about it?

I do lot of weight training from years and take sports supplements- nitric oxide, protiens....
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome.

Thanks for writing in. .

Small hard painless lump under pectoral muscle is most likely to be a lymph node. There are 5 groups of lymphnodes in the same region. You need not to be concerned about the same. You can do regular physical examination yourself. If size increases then it needs thorough clinical examination.
As per your history there is no complaint of cough. Minor or occasional cough which you think is not relevant may be a cause for enlarged lymphnodes.

Please let me know if you have cough , weight loss or mild fever . Otherwise no need to worry. You can continue with weight training and supplements.

Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up are welcome.