Ask a Dentist   »  

Found little red lumps under tongue. What should I do to get rid of them?

Critical Care Specialist
hi i have had clear little lumps under my tongue and bottom of mouth and just noticed one has turned red blood looking is there anything i can do to get rid of them
thought i might have a std from oral encounters with my boyfriend but have had clear lumps for about 4 months now and havent caused me any discomfort but just curious now as one has turned red
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 43 minutes later
Hello thanks for writing to us.
The lumps which you have under your tongue and at the bottom of your mouth most probably could be mucosal cysts. Mucosal cysts are mostly retention cysts, caused by irritation or by injury and are usually harmless. Since one has turned red, it could either be due to bleeding inside the cyst or it may have got infected.

I would suggest you to consult a Dentist who may be able to drain it, or may remove it, if he/she thinks it is necessary to remove it.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq.