Found little bloody discharge from breasts. Should I see the doctor?
User rating for this question
I have had a discharge in my left breast for about two years. It has been clear, but for the last week ,at night ,I have found that the discharge has been mixed with what looks a little bloody. Spots on the sheet and on my night gown.I am to have my yearly mammogram on the 26th of November. Should I wait until then or should I call my physician on Monday?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Early consultation is better. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for consulting us. This is very good & reassuring that you are having yearly mammograms. Bloody discharge from breast is not considered a good sign & an underlying breast pathology specially cancer must be ruled out. Although 26 November is nearby, but, I think you should not wait till your routine visit & consult your doctor early on to have local examination & necessary work up, If it is possible for you. Also get your serum prolactin levels checked, as an elevated level may have an association with breast discharge. Wish you good health & all the best. Take care.
People also viewed
- Did chemotherapy to treat breast cancer cause trigger thumb
- Bloody discharge nipple breast
- Breast discharge bloody and crestore
- Should i consult a doctor for breast size
- I have a lump on breast please help
- Imol plus stomach pain
- Impacted sinuses and numbness in toes
- Are shingles and breast lumps close together connected
- Does lisinopril lower the immune system
- Baseball size infection of arm had breast cancer
- Can nicotine patches lower ur immune system
- Found small lump under armpit should i consult a doctor
- Found itchy red bumps around breast should i be concerned
- Impacted wisdom tooth and loss of vision
- Do recurring lumps in the breast indicate breast cancer