Found little bloody discharge from breasts. Should I see the doctor?
User rating for this question
I have had a discharge in my left breast for about two years. It has been clear, but for the last week ,at night ,I have found that the discharge has been mixed with what looks a little bloody. Spots on the sheet and on my night gown.I am to have my yearly mammogram on the 26th of November. Should I wait until then or should I call my physician on Monday?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Early consultation is better. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for consulting us. This is very good & reassuring that you are having yearly mammograms. Bloody discharge from breast is not considered a good sign & an underlying breast pathology specially cancer must be ruled out. Although 26 November is nearby, but, I think you should not wait till your routine visit & consult your doctor early on to have local examination & necessary work up, If it is possible for you. Also get your serum prolactin levels checked, as an elevated level may have an association with breast discharge. Wish you good health & all the best. Take care.
People also viewed
- Step procedure for short bowel
- Bloody discharge nipple breast
- Breast discharge bloody and crestore
- Should i consult a doctor for breast size
- Feeling of heaviness in breast
- Mammogram done fibroid s or cancer
- Lump in breast big and painful done biopsy negative worry
- Gel breast implants side effects
- Found small lump under armpit should i consult a doctor
- Tamoxifen in breast cancer treatment
- Found itchy red bumps around breast should i be concerned
- Breast lump heaviness soreness in armpit done ultrasound suggest
- Have breast lump scan shows irregular hard mass worried
- Heavy breasts pain raised temperature chances of cancer
- Flomax vs cialis for bph