Ask a Urologist   »  

Found left renal cyst during MRI of spine. Had no symptoms and doing normal activity. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Question
For my mom accidental found left renal cyst ..during MRI of spine
For me it looks like a ball or hole in mid of her left kidney.neurologist told not to worry of it.need I consult urologist or general physician
C has no symptoms.doing normal activities.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

It all depends how large is this cyst. Generally renal cyst is a very common finding (about 30% of people has a cyst). Cyst is nothing more than empty space filled with clear fluid. Mostly it is a simple cyst.
If there is no mass in it (no cancer suspicion) and the cyst is not large (like a half size of a kidney) there is no reason to worry. Such cyst should be under observation only. You should have an ultrasound once a year to have it controlled.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Found left renal cyst during MRI of spine. Had no symptoms and doing normal activity. Suggest? 50 minutes later
Thank u sir it looks it occupy nearly less than 1/4 of it.there r no medicine to reduce or controll it sir

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Renal cyst is not a disease. So no medicine is necessary. And there is no medicine which would make this cyst disappear.
If it really bothers you, please consult urologist. But in my opinion it does not need any treatment. Just an observation.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Found left renal cyst during MRI of spine. Had no symptoms and doing normal activity. Suggest? 57 minutes later
OK thank u sir

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 39 minutes later
You are welcome.