Found large red spot on calf. What could it be?

large red spot on calfI have a strange red spot on my leg, looks like it might be an insect bite. I can send a photo if needed.
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 minutes later
The strange red spots have many causes like bruise from inadvertent injury, an insect bite, allergic eruption or a malignancy.
I would certainly like to see the photograph, please also tell since when it is present and is there any pain, fluid ooze etc.
Hope the answered would help you and would like to see the photograph in your follow query.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Found large red spot on calf. What could it be? 30 hours later
Please provide an address so I may send the photo to you. there is no pain, no oozing., first guess is a spider bite. seems slightly raised. located on my left XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome back.
You can send the scaned copy by report attachment with the follow up option on this website webpage itself.
Hope you would post a quick follow up.
Follow-up: Found large red spot on calf. What could it be? 2 hours later
Here are photos requested
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 28 minutes later
Welcome back.
It is most likely an insect bite.
Keep it dry. When you take bath, immediately scrub dry it with cotton towel. It should not remain wet for long because it can get infected.
You can use a topical antibacterial cream like Betnovate twice a day.
Hope you would recover soon.