Found itchy red bumps around breast. Should I be concerned?

May 2013
I started out with a red bump on the inside of my left breast, it looked like a pimple at first, I put some acne medication on it to dry it up, it got bigger. Its been on here for about a week now, its not real red now, it has a dark ring on the outside and its peeling and itchy, you can also feel it underneath the skin. If you touch it its not sore and its smooth, not real hard or soft. Should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Because of the short duration of the lesion there is more possibility for infective lesions.
According to your description there is possibility of:
-Hydradenitis suppurativa: It is blockage of the sweat gland. Which can become infected later.
It can be seen in areas with moisture and heat like the area around the breasts.
-Folliculitis: infection of the hair follicle. Less common than first one.
So you better consult dermatologist once and get examined to find out the actual nature of the lesion and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.