Ask a Urologist   »  

Found increased flow of urine. Using Xenical. Can be due to the medication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
i'M ON MY 2ND DAY OF XENICAL AND FIND THAT i HAVE AD AN INCREASED FLOW OF URINE. APART FROM MY 1ST VISIT TO THE TOILET WHERE MY URINE WAS QUITE A STRONG COLOR, EACH VISIT TODAY HAS BEEN EVERY 45 MINS - 1 HOUR AND COLOR IS NOW QUITE CLEAR.

COULD IT BE BECAUSE OF THE XENICAL ???
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes high coloured urine is due to Xenical

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Xenical may be to reduce your weight and now getting high coloured urine with increase frequency of urination.

Passing high coloured urine ids known side effect of the drug(Xenical) However increase frequency of urination could be due to UTI) either. In such a case, I would order for routine urine test to exclude UTI. Once you give the test, you can be started on broad spectrum antibiotics along with urinary anti spasmodic like Flavoxate twice daily for a week. I think it should resolve the symptom of increased frequency..

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.