Found increase in creatinine and microalbumin level. How serious is this condition?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
3.12.2012 urine creatinine 12. Microalbumin 88 microalbumin/creatinine 7.3

16.1.2013 urine creatinine 15.7 microalbumin 134 microalb/creatinine 8.5

Waiting to see specialist appointment not till 20th feb, been reading think may have been caused by NSAID would like to know urgency of treatment and what treatment may be given.

In December inderal stocks where I live we're unavailable went 3 days without heartrate XXXXXXX very high went to Gp blood pressure ok. Energy levels up , I had been suffering from fatigue for some years. Had blood test. Stayed off inderal, continued to feel well with increased energy, feel this was that I had stopped taking inderal. Had another blood test in January. Both showing increased creatinines.

Anxious now that kidney damage seems likely and afraid of this rapid increase in creatinine numbers. How urgent should I see specialist, what are my likely treatments, what is prognosis?
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 5 hours later

An increase in creatinine levels is definitely of concern. There is a simultaneous increase in levels of microalbumin too. Microalbumin is characteristically increased in Diabetes Mellitus (DM).
Therefore I would advise you to take up a fasting blood glucose level along with renal profile after consulting your GP. It should clarify the status of your renal condition.

As far as Inderal is concerned, Inderal tablets are unlikely to cause an increase in creatinine levels. You can discuss with your treating doctor about the need for inderal as you are feeling better now.

Visit your GP soon for clinical examination and further investigations.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal