Found high tsh and sgot level. What are the risks?

My daughters TSH is 465, She has not had any synroid for two years. Now she has a SGOT of 150 are these related and how at risk is she.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 56 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Your daughter is suffering from Hypothyroidism and her TSH is very high (465). It might be worthwhile to cross check the values with a repeat test.

I presume she is known case of Hypothyroidism and I do not know why she hasn't taken thyroid supplement for so long. Is she having clinical features of severe hypothyroidism such as weight gain, cold intolerance, hoarse voice, dry itchy skin, slow heart rate, menstrual irregularity, etc?

Her high SGOT indicate mild liver function and could be related to hypothyroid state. I am interested to know about her other liver function test reports and whether or not she consumes alcohol.

Severe hypothyroidism may cause low BP, low blood sugar, slow breathing and even coma.
Please see your Physician as soon as possible and start appropriate treatment. One good thing about Hypothyroidism is - it can be easily treated by supplementing Levo Thyroxine (LT4).

Hope this helps; if you have further query please ask me, I will be happy to assist.

Dr. A.Dubey M. D.