Found hard lump on penis shaft. No sexual activity. Sweat related? Guide?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi I recently found a small hard lump on the shaft of my penis and am unsure to what it is
I noticed it on the saturday night while showering after soccer and thought maybe it could be sweat related ?
Its under the skin
about 1mm in diameter and about 3mm long
its not red or sore and there is no puss like an ingrown hair
i havnt had any sexual activity in about 2-3weeks however masturbate every now and then

hopefully this can help you determine what it is

Thanks

Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

It seems that you might have sebaceous cyst or boil.

If you have unprotected sexual intercourse even before few weeks, you should rule out sexually transmitted disease. You should consult dermatologist or venereal disease specialist to rule out sexually transmitted disease.

In rare cases, I have observed that due to hard stroking during masturbation, muscle sorenes and swelling do occur and it goes on its own without any treatment.
For detailed evaluation, you should consult sexologist or dermatologist.
I hope I have addressed your concern.
Feel free to revert to me in case uf you have any query.

Thanks.