Found floaters in urine after drinking wine. What do they mean?

I drank 3 glasses of wine on mon and had a UA on thurs. I sweated quite a bit befor. When I took the UA there was white floaties in it. Will I pass my UA? And does the white floaties mean anything/
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Having three glasses of wine on monday is not going to affect your urine test on saturday.
Do not worry about the alcohol showing up in your tests.
The white floaters in the urine could be due to urinary infection or the shed epithelium of the urinary tract. There is nothing to worry. The test report will make the diagnosis clear.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Found floaters in urine after drinking wine. What do they mean? 9 hours later
I drank the wine on monday and had the test on thurs. not saturday. Will I still be o.k.?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if you took the test on thursday still it is not likely to show in the urine. You are safe that way. Do not worry.

White froth in the urine is because of protein in the Urine. Losing protein till some extent is normal. A protein loss is separate which needs to be addressed separately.

Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.