Found flakey and bright red color scrotum and testis. Suggest medication

I had some severe jock itch and treated it with over the counter spray. This was several weeks ago. It went away. Today I woke up and my scrotom, more specifically testes sack is flakey and a bright red color. I was in China, Spain and France and came down with a respiratory infection for which a hotel doctor prescribed strong antibiotics. I am just about through with them.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: need more details on Scrotal rash Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, Can you please tell me the name of the over the counter spray which you used several weeks ago and the duration for which you used it ? Also please tell me the name of the antibiotic which you used along with any other tablets that you have taken. Have you applied any new cosmetic products or deodorants over the area ? I am thinking of recurrence of fungal infection, or drug rash or exanthematous rash or contact dermatitis as possibilities. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Take care
Follow-up: Found flakey and bright red color scrotum and testis. Suggest medication 5 hours later
Doctor The spray I used for the jock itch was an over the counter maximum strength spay I bought at Walgreens; Tolnaflate 1% / Antifungal. The antibiotic prescribed was Klacid 500 milligrams, two twice a day. He also prescribed Flumil 200 mg, a inhaler to open up the bronchial tubes, saline spray and a powder medication to help me produce phlegm; sorry don't know what that one was, but it tasted awful.
Brief Answer: Opinion on scrotal rash Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back, Thanks for the photo. Your scrotal skin is very red and inflammed. It does not look like fungal infection. The possibilities are drug rash due to clarithromycin (klacid) or Acetyl cysteine (flumil) and scrotal cellulitis. Scrotal cellulitis should have severe pain and fever as symptoms, but you do not have pain and fever now I guess as you didn't mention it. Therefore the chance of drug rash is very high. Both these medicines have a high potential of causing skin rash. I will recommend you to stop the medicines. You can consult your doctor for the chest infection and if antibiotics are still required you should consider an alternative antibiotic. Cold compresses will help. Apply a moisturizing lotion or olive oil several times a day. Hope this helped. Take care