Found extra skin on anus and painful. Pregnant and bleeding slightly. Suggest the cure?

Mar 2016

For last three days, i found there is extra skin on the anus. Its really paining for me when i sit or stand. I can pass stool. Now i am in second pregnancy of 8th month. While i was delivered a first baby, first time i faced the same problem like a extra skin on the anus. Then i consulted doctor, after that there was no pain but the skin remained there from that time. No problem due to that.
Now again extra more skin has deloveped there. today i found its bleedlig slightly may be its become wound. The blood is not from inside, its from the extra skin.

Kindly advise, how to take it up.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 20 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

First of all, extra skins are small flesh colored skin tags which are usually seen in elderly women with expectant mother. They are quite common around vagina or anus region. These are caused by hyperactive growth of a superficial layer of skin by hormonal changes in pregnancy. They are benign in nature and mostly painless.

Secondly, bleeding and wound (in your case) may cause superficial bacterial infection, leading to painful condition. You may use topical anti-inflammatory ointment like SURFAZ-SN around anus region before sitting on toilet. You must clean the area with warm water soaked pad before using that. Keep the area always dry and avoid wearing tight panties.

Lastly, there is not much option in this stage of pregnancy. Also, you can't prevent this during pregnancy period. After delivery of your baby, you need to contact with dermatologist to remove skin tags or extra skin. Some treatment option like liquid nitrogen, cauterization may be required to remove those permanently.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through