Found elevated liver enzymes. Started taking HBV shots, seroquel and tegretol. What to do?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Elevated Liver FunctionsGreetings,

I had a blood test yesterday and results came back today with the following :
AST : 58 (Normal 15 - 37)
CHOL: 226 (Normal 0 - 200)
ALT : 130 (Normal 30 - 65)
GGT : 150 (Normal 5 - 85)

Givi the fact that my bf got HBV that is under control of medical help. I had a HBV Surface AB test few months ago and it was 29 therefore I started taking HBV shots and i already took two. The third is on Jul.

Also, I'm taking Seroquel 100 mg per day, Tegretol 200 mg BID and Lustrol 25 mg OD. Beside some painkillers like Solpadine.

Please let me know what to do.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The enzyme levels are not very high . This is most likely due to some persistent inflammation due to the vaccination or due to pain killers. You do not require any intense treatment excepting liver tonics such as ornithine preparations for a period of 6 weeks . This will help to normalise the enzyme levels.Repeat the liver fuction tests after 6 weeks.
I hope this answers your querry.