Found elevated creatinine level. How to lower this?

My husband has creatinine 3.2. What can we do to lower it
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 2 hours later

Your husband probably has chronic renal insufficiency/renal failure which can be reversed with fine the underlying cause of the kidney disease that is causing the creatinine to be elevated. He should get an ultrasound of the kidneys to make sure there is no obstruction and then also he should get additional blood testing to confirm or rule out other reversible causes of kidney disease.

This is generally progressive so getting into a kidney specialist as soon as possible should be recommended. Also the Lasix can artificially increased her creatinine a few are dehydrated.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.