Found dots on the tonsils. No pain. Blood test normal. Could it be cancer?

growth on right tonsil. flesh colored. no pain. two tiny cream colored dots on it. you can see it better when I lay my tongue flat in my mouth. Just had a full blood panel done and all came back ok. should I be concerned?Thank you for any input. I still have my tonsils. Is this normal? My XXXXXXX medicine doctor has looked in my throat with my tongue out. I did not mention it to him at the time because I was there for gallbladder issues. Could it be cancer?
or just from post nasal drip. I noticed it because it feels like there is something in my throat when I swallow. Worse when I have nasal drip. no pain just annoying. it is the same color as my throat except for the two small cream dots. Thank you

Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The dots you have on the tonsils could be due to subclinical chronic tonsillitis presenting as follicular tonsillitis. The dots may represent inflamed tonsils filled with suppuration. Such milder forms of infections usually do not present with any serious symptoms other than mild discomfort in the throat. Since the inflammation is not severe, the blood tests do not pick up any signs either.

A course of antibiotics and antiseptic solutions like CHLORHEXIDINE gargles twice daily after food would treat the condition.

Based on your description, I do not consider it to be a cancerous condition. You need not be worried. You may consider visiting an ENT surgeon for a local examination of the tonsil to confirm this possibility.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Found dots on the tonsils. No pain. Blood test normal. Could it be cancer? 2 hours later
Thank you, is this something that people can suffer from for a long period of time. Months? i have had the feeling of something in my throat for months. Not everyday but several times a month. If it was something serious would I show more symptoms after all this time. I am also under a good deal of stress. I lost my brother in Oct. My throat is not sore at all. No fevers etc. I feel great other than noticing that my tonsils do not look the same. My right sinuses drain all the time. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, it is a chronic condition which can be present sub-clinically or recur intermittently causing mild discomfort.

I do not consider it to be serious,as mentioned above a course of antibiotics and regular gargling with antiseptic solution would suffice.

Wish you good health.