Found dots on penis after having intercourse. Using clotrimazole. Is this yeast infection?

Dermatologist
Question
hi Dr. I have found some dots on my penis head a year ago. itz been 3 years since i had intercourse . i wonder if it is yeast infection. have been using clotrimazole powder on it lately. plz help
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 47 minutes later
Hello

Welcome to healthcare magic forum.

I understand your concern regarding dots on penis.

I have gone through all images and analysed them. It looks like PPP (pearly penile papules). They are small, smooth spots of skin colour or white colour. They commonly occur at ring of penis, but they may present on penis head also.

It is commonly confused with yeast infection or other sexually transmitted disease.

There is nothing to worry about it, as they pose no health risk. There is no specific reason for development of PPP and is considered as normal.

There is nothing to do with them as far as treatment is concerned. If you want to remove it for cosmetic purpose, CO2 LASER removal or removal by radio frequency is treatment of choice. It is done by dermatologist under local anaesthesia.

I hope I answered your question.

Let me know if you have further query.

Follow-up: Found dots on penis after having intercourse. Using clotrimazole. Is this yeast infection? 2 hours later
thanks and good to read from you. do you think the black spot is a nothing but a pigment and it is normal?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 10 minutes later
Hello

Thank you for writing back.

Yes, it is normal pigmentation and nothing else.

I hope I answered your question.

Follow-up: Found dots on penis after having intercourse. Using clotrimazole. Is this yeast infection? 14 minutes later
thank you so much Dr. It really scared me. thanks again.
Finally one last question about my severe dandruff. I shaved my hair (head) and found lot of black spots. when i consulted a dermatologist , he reckoned itz severe dandruff and since then i have been using selsun gold shampoo, now itz under control but am losing lot of hair. if i stop using that shampoo, i get back those white flakes from scalp. please advice

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 33 minutes later
Hello

Thank you for writing back.

Dandruff has tendency of recurrence. Selsun gold shampoo contain selenium sulfide which is good anti dandruff shampoo. You can use it twice a week.

Hair loss due to severe dandruff is temporary and will gradually stop.
If you feel severe hair loss, better to consult dermatologist for proper treatment.

Wish you healthy recovery