Found cold spots on forearm. What could this be?

my right forearm has cold spots (feelslike a small fan is on and then stops) happens once in a while and stops

Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cold limbs.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

So more details in the history will help me to give you a useful medical opinion. You may mention the mode of onset, duration, factors that increases the symptoms, any existing medical condition and drug history.

What I understand by the history is that you feel cold of your forearms for a brief period and it goes away.

This sort of cold feeling occurs when there is a vascular compromise.
In your case it is occasional and disappears short. I my opinion you may not worry.

Vitamin B12 supplement helps in such conditions where the symptoms are wage.
I will advise my patients vitamin B12 once a day for one month.

If the symptoms recur then your consult your doctor to rule out peripheral vascular diseases like Raynaud's disease and TAO.(Thrombo angiitis obliterans)

Hope the answer helps you.
Let me know it there are any clarifications.