Found bump on penis head. Had protected sex with girl having herpes in her genitals. Have psoriasis and eczema. What to do?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
About two weeks ago I found a small shiny bump on the head of my penis. It does not hurt, and it does not appear to be getting any larger, or smaller. I recently dated a girl with herpes one on her genitals, but she hasn't had an outbreak in a very long time (maybe 10 years). We always used protection during intercourse, but I did not wear protection while receiving oral sex. Does this bump sound like it could be herpes? Or does it sound like something else?

Overall, I am pretty healthy. I do have psoriasis, and eczema on other parts of my body, but not the genitals. I use steroidal ointments for those conditions. Also, the bump does not look like the psoriasis bumps that I have on other parts of my body, so I don't think it is psoriasis. I am not on any other regular medications, but I do occasionally take Lorazapam for anxiety.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
From your description, it does not sound like presentation of herpes.
They are usually multiple painful vesicles.
But the possibility of Herpes again decreases because it was a protected act.

It can be something other.

It may not be wise to correlate psoriasis or Lorazepam with such type of lesions either.

Hope it's clear
Regards.