Found bump on anal hole. What could it be?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have a bump on my anal hole, it's in the middle of the bunched up skin on the outside of the hole. The bump hurts when something runs against it. it is grey with what looks to be white spots inside. I'm a 23 year old white male.
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 26 minutes later
According to your description it is most probably a external hemorrhoid (piles)though other less likely possibility includes that of anal warts.
Constipation or straining is the root cause which leads to pressure in the veins of anus causing them to get swollen , tender and externally visible .
Hemorrhoids are usually best treated at home through a high-fiber diet, a healthy amount of exercise, and easily obtained over the counter relief medications containing local anaesthetic ( like anovate ointment etc)Home remedies often work well on hemorrhoids and surgery is only rarely needed. In severe cases it might cause bleeding during defecation in which case it's best to consult your doctor and confirm the severity and exact diagnosis to start appropriate treatment with oral laxatives etc.

So please do not worry as its mostly a benign problem and if it persists beyond a couple of weeks of dietary changes and avoidance of constipation and straining then I would recommend you consult a general surgeon or your gp who can easily start appropriate treatment .
Hope I have answered your query .
I'll be available for any follow up queries.