Found blood in stool. Passing stool four to five times daily. Suggest the treatment?

I passed blood when I went to stool today. Also I passed stool 4 times since morning and each time there is blood content. It also happened in the past but the quantity was less. This time round blood content is significant. Please assit for quick relief.

Also I had the tendency of passing stool for 4-5 times daily. It has become a normal thing for me. Please assist.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need a colonoscopy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

You have been having frequency of stools for quite sometime, and now there is blood in it. I think you need to see a gastroenterologist and get a colonoscopy done. This will diagnose your problem. Possibly you have ulcerative colitis or may be infective colitis.

Meanwhile you can start with a combination of ofloxacin and ornidazole twice a day. This will help in case it is because of some infection.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal