Found blood in semen. What treatment should be done?

please can you let me know the cause of blood pinky stains in my semen,but I don't have my wife here with me and never make love to any one.though I masturbate to relieve myself from sex huge? what prescription can I have for this?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Blood in semen is usually alarming for sure, but dies not certainly imply serious disease. Common amongst males between the ages of 30 to 50. In men younger than 40 years without risk factors (e.g., history of cancer, known urogenital malformation, bleeding disorders) and in men with no associated symptoms, hematospermia is often self-limited and requires no further evaluation or treatment. Many cases are attributable to sexually transmitted infections or other urogenital infections in men younger than 40 years who present with hematospermia associated with lower behaviour. Trauma
Inflammations, vascular malformations, stones and tumours should be excluded in your case. Treatment shall depend on the cause.
But remember that in young people like you, the pathology is usually self limiting. But an evaluation by a urologist is still necessary, especially if symptoms persist or intensify.
Drinking much water might be of help.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Found blood in semen. What treatment should be done? 8 hours later
what is the effects of standing up everyday doing work 8-10 hrs everyay on my health issue?. or do long time abstainance from sex contribute to this hematospermia, secondly is there anythings am losing as am not having sex for so long which my be adding to this.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Standing up has nothing to do with your sexuality or testicular function. Abstinence is very good to preserve and prevent yourself from sexually transmitted infections. You LOSE NOTHING in not having sex. Not having cannot lead to hematospermia.
As mentioned earlier., most of the patients with hematospermia usually have good outcomes. But rare causes as mentioned earlier should be excluded through proper medical examinations by a urologist.
I suggest you stay calm as you arrange for an appointment with your urologist.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.