Found a white pill with an imprint zw. What is this used for?

Hi i found a small white pill with the letters zvv written vertically in black, what are they used for please?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 42 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic.
Unfortunately there is no tablet available in the legal market with an imprint as "ZW". Some pills made in China by their automatic pill maker do imprint ZW on it and then there is no possibility to identify the contents.
The other possibility is that you are reading the letter up-side down. In that case it makes up "MZ" which is imprinted zolpidem Tartarate - a sleep medication. It would be helpful if you can include the snap of the drug with your question.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: Found a white pill with an imprint zw. What is this used for? 16 hours later
It could be N>> or << N its white and round is there anything you can find ?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Are you sure it is not "MZ"?
I would request you to upload a photograph of the tablet taken from either sides.
As I had told you before, these tablet codes vary from country to country. In Australia, where you belong to, there are no drugs with imprint N>> or N<<.
By the way, if its ok to ask, from where did you find this tablet and why are you so keen to know the contents?
I would request you to upload a picture of the pill.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD