Found a small sized lump on forearm. How to cure it?

I found a small bb size lump on my forearm over my vein.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
A small painless lump on your forearm can possibly be due to-
1. A lipoma- a benign collection of fat cells.
2. A lymph node swelling - usually seen in the presence of any infection in the area or viral illness.
3. A benign tumor usually involving soft tissue structures or underlying muscle tissue.
4. Boil or Abscess: It generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus.
5. Sebaceous cyst: It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. If this protruding is accompanied by pain as well then there is a possibility of infection.
6. Tendon related swelling like ganglion.
For the confirmation of diagnosis, you need to get this lump examined from a doctor and get a MRI scan for any soft tissue growth and a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) done.
Till then, you get this lump examined from a doctor, apply warm compresses on the lump.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.