Found a focal area of stromal invasion after surgery. Had a bilaterial mascetomy. Is it safe to conceive?

May 2013
I was 28 ( 2008 )when DX with DCIS. After surgery they found a focal area of stromal invasion. I was ER/PR positive. My surgeon took 3 nodes and all were clear. I had a bilaterial mascetomy ( my choice ). I am finishing my 2nd year of Tamoxfin and would love to have another child after my 5 years of Tamoxfin. What is your opinion on having another child after a BC DX. In relation to my BC I delivered my first baby in January 2008 and was DX in Aug. (2008). No chemo or rads
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 59 minutes later

Previously it was thought that in patients of breast carcinoma with estrogen and progesterone receptor positivity pregnancy can lead to recurrence of the disease by increasing that hormone levels.
But recent studies showing that the chance of recurrence is very less.
The recommendation is after two years of treatment for breast carcinoma you can think of pregnancy.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW
So as you are on 5 years course, after completion of 5 years you wait for 2 to 3 months by that time tomoxifen will clear out from the body.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW After that you can think about pregnancy with your doctor's advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.