Found a bruise on stomach. What could it be?

About 2 weeks ago i found a bruise on my belly and in the under the bruise a lump . I figured maybe i set the dumbbell to hart on my belly at the gym after a incline dumbbell press . Now the bruise is gone but the lump the size smaller the a dime is still there
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 17 minutes later
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

If there is no other problem - fever, pain, altered bowel or bladder habits and so on - then it is most likely an organising haematoma (blood clot) in the abdominal wall.

If it is deeper, no discolouration may be seen.

It will be a question of time probably another fortnight.

Wishing you speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Found a bruise on stomach. What could it be? 12 minutes later
What is a fortnight??? will it go away its not XXXXXXX its under the skin but you can't see it only feel

The discolouration is the first one to go. The granulation tissue from healing takes some more time.
Two weeks more - in about a month, any lesion will
Only felt not seen in the abdominal wall / under the skin - could be simple fat since long - brought to attention now, by the injury. Just need to watch / Nothing to do / Nothing to worry

Good luck