Foul smelling pus came out from raised bump on spine. Getting pain on arm. Are they related?

i have a raised bump on my spine between my shoulder blades. It looks like an enlarged pore and I put hot compress on it and a good amount of foul smelling pus came out. I also have had a lot of problems lately from pains shooting down my arms. Could this be related
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 33 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX From your symptoms it looks clear that you have sebaceous cyst at the back. This has to be excised and sutured. Your back pain is unlikely to be due to this problem as the cyst is within the skin.
But occasionally it may be the reason if the cyst is large and compresses the underlying nerves.
Hence it is better to consult your dermatologist or surgeon.
Hope the information is lucid.
Have a nice day
Prasad pvs