Ask a Urologist   »  

Foul odor of urine, burning urination, lower back pain, frequent urination, feeling unwell

i am generally feeling unwell, my urine has a bad smell, burning feeling when passing urine, pains in my lower back, urinating more than usual.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from a urine routine and culture along with complete blood count and an ultrasound scan of the renal system including Prostate.
2. You will have to be put on antibiotics. Most commonly a Fluroquinolone like Tab Levofloxacin for 14 days followed by a repeat urine routine.
3. If the urine grows an organism the antibiotic can be changed to what that organism is sensitive to.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Use protection during intercourse and your partner should undergo a urine routine as well.

I hope I was of help, If there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery