Foul odor and wind from vagina, causes, treatment

I have an odour in my vagina as well as wind, I Have No discharge
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later

Some people have natural odours coming from the vagina that may sometimes be affected about what they eat,hygiene,and the body's metabolism and excretory system.However,if there is foul odor then that could be indicative of infection.If you have such a foul odor you should be examined by a doctor to rule out other signs of infection too.

Otherwise,try a change in eating habits,products for personal use and keep good hygiene.You can even try a course of pessaries and watch for any improvement.

You just need to observe whether you find the smell offensive.

Normal odor may be like a fishy smell,esp after sex,sweet smell etc.

Follow-up: Foul odor and wind from vagina, causes, treatment 26 minutes later
The wind is from my Vagina as well and it is a fishy odour with no discharge
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

The wind could be due to trapped air from sexual intercourse.There should not be any air trapped inside too long .Fishy odor is often seen especially after sexual intercourse.Use vaginal anti fungal pessaries for a few days.

Maintain hygiene especially by washing with soap/water after sex .If you start getting discharge,or you do not improve after few days then see your doctor for antibiotics.

Wish you good health