Formula fed baby having dark stool. What should be done?

Question
my baby stool colour is dark XXXXXXX from 7-8 days. Could you please help what we need to do. she is on formula feed.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
As long as your baby is feeding well and gaining weight, I do not think you need to worry about anything. Due to the presence of fortified iron in formula feed, many babies pass XXXXXXX stool.
Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Kindest regards
Dr.S.K XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Formula fed baby having dark stool. What should be done? 31 minutes later
Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

I have called up Fernandez hospital in hyderabad and doctor suggested to have 1 Econorm XXXXXXX twice a day for 3 days. Will Econorm has any side effects?

Also, we have mixed 1 XXXXXXX in our baby's feed today for 2 continuous feeds (1/2 each time).

Please let us know for any concerns. Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 36 minutes later
Dear XXXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.
Econorm is an anti diarrhoeal. It has got very few side effects. If the baby doesn't have diarrhoea, I don't see any reason why we should continue with it.
Kindest regards
Dr. SK Mukherjee