Former smoker. Having bad taste and spitting blood. Found burst blood vessels in throat. Treatment?

Jun 2015

i am a former smoker and have many tests done lung scan chest xray lung function blood tests camera down throat which only showed burst blood vessels in throat - in mornings I am spitting up lots of blood they put me on 1/2 mirzaton per night to help with the anxiety - but it is is still happening - no one has any answers - i wake up frequently and with terrible taste in mouth i am no other mediciation - what should i do next - i am 49 years of age
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Hello dear,

Presence of symptoms like spitting of blood, bad taste in mouth indicates toward Liver involvement.
Burst blood vessels seen on camera may be attributed towards dilatation of veins in Esophagus (Esophageal varices) which is seen in cases of Liver damage.
Investigations like Liver function tests & an ultrasound scan of the abdomen will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Please let me know if you have noticed:
1. Any recent changes in the coloration of your eyes?
2. Any change in eating habits (increase or decrease in appetite)?
3. Any discoloration of urine & stool?
4. Any history of alcohol intake or liver infection?
It will be helpful for me to make a better diagnosis.

Wishing you a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Former smoker. Having bad taste and spitting blood. Found burst blood vessels in throat. Treatment? 3 hours later
no to all of the questions
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 58 minutes later
Hello dear,
Thanks for your follow up.

The absence of the above mentioned symptoms indicate that the Liver involvement is not to a greater extent.
Even though, the investigations are must to clinch the diagnosis at its earliest.
According to that, appropriate management steps could be taken.
So...please get the investigations done.

Hope my advice helps you a bit.
Feel free to ask any further queries.

Thanks & take care.