Former heavy drinker, pain when swallow. Barium swallow test normal. Joints and muscles around painful. Suggest?

I am a 50 y.o. female, former heavy drinker, have pain in my throat when I swallow. Had a barium swallow, result is normal. When I press against the throat it is painful. my upper body is painful, hard to move my head and arms . pain at night. Run law grade fever sometimes. What is wrong with me?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more details...

Detailed Answer:

You have listed group of symptoms related to throat. However you did not specify the duration of each symptoms.

If the symptoms are fairly recent (few weeks), then they may be due to an active infection localised to throat and nearby organs. You should consider consulting an ENT surgeon who can look into your throat, conduct battery of blood and throat test and treat it accordingly.

But if the symptoms are a long standing one, then please provide few more details:
1. Can you specify the exact upper body areas that are painful?
2. Do you suffer with heart burns, nausea, abdominal pain?
3. Which part of the body pains at night - is it only the limbs?
4. Do you have cough / breathing difficulty?
5. What other tests besides barium swallow is done?
6. How does sleep change the symptoms? Are you able to sleep well?
7. Do you experience generalised weakness and easy fatigue?
8. How is your bowel habits?

Awaiting your reply...