Forgotten to take Femilon. Had sexual intercourse. Is there a possibility of pregnancy?

Question
my menses period was over on 25.06.2012. i take a femilon on 25.05.2012 at 11 pm. but on 26.06.2012 i forgot to take femilon. usually i take the pill at 11 pm. On 27.06.2012 at 7 pm i remembered it and take a femilon. I had an sexual intercourse on 26.06.2012 at 4 pm and on 27.06.2012 on 6 pm. If there is a possibility of pregnancy? i have been taking femilon since november 2011.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 59 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As your menstrual period was over only on 25.06.2012, chances of pregnancy due to sex on 26th and 27th XXXXXXX 2012 are negligible.

You should start T. Femilon from first day of menstrual period.

Though you have not taken tablet on 26th, should take remaining tablets regularly.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With best wishes,

Follow-up: Forgotten to take Femilon. Had sexual intercourse. Is there a possibility of pregnancy? 21 minutes later
thank u for your reply. kindly tell me that should i take an emergency contraceptive pall ( i pill) in this situation? or there is no need to take i pill? what pre cautions should
i take to avoid a pregnancy in this situation?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 7 hours later

Welcome again,

During a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days, first 7 days are generally infertile (Calender method of contraception).

Thus if your period started on 22nd of XXXXXXX and continued up to 24th, your infertile period will be from 22/06/2012 to 28/06/2012.

Chances of pregnancy due to intercourse during this period are generally negligible.

In addition to above fact, you are taking T.Femilone oral contraceptive also.

Though it was missed on 26th, chances of getting pregnant are rare.

Thus in my opinion I-pill is not required.

You should take remaining dose of T.Femilone regularly.

With best wishes,