Forgot to remove tampon, but not feeling anything. Is it possible that tampon is still inside?

hi, this might be a bit embarrassing..but i cant remember if i removed my last tampon..i tried to feel "around " inside my vagina but dont feel is there anyway my tampon can still be up when i dont feel anything
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
There is a small possibility that the tampon is still inside. Only is the tampon get lodged deep inside the pelvic cavity is that possible. Usually it doesnt happen because the tampon get 'swollen' after it absorbs fluid.Hence it cannot move inside. But that depends on the how swollen it is. Hence rare chances are that it may have become deeply lodged. Complications can occur if gets infected/foul smelling odor. If your'e still in doubt have a doctor do an examination.