Forgetting the names of place, numbers and names. What could be the reason and the cure?

Psychiatrist
Question
nowadays i am struggling to remeber the numbers and names. what may be the reasons ? I even forget the name of the places if i dont recall them for some period say 2-3 months.
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 26 year old male
• Complaints of: forgetfulness for 6 months.

Common causes of forgetfulness in your case may be:
-Vitamin deficiency
-Lack of physical activity
-Substance use if present
-Anxiety
-Depression
-Excessive stress
-Poor sleep hygiene

Common symptoms of anxiety and depression are:
anxiety, low mood, decrease talk and interaction with others, nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, negative thinking, palpitation and dry mouth.

Let me know if you are having some of the above symptoms or problems with duration.

Waiting for your reply,

Follow-up: Forgetting the names of place, numbers and names. What could be the reason and the cure? 12 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.
The problem is i forget the Numbers and Names specially. Not really dont have above problems except worry regarding own health bcz i have very less facial hair. any same reason like harmone for memorey loss and less facial hair?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 25 minutes later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

Yes, there may be correlation between lack of facial hair and poor memory.
Lack of facial hairs may be due to:

-Micronutrients and vitamins deficiency: as I mentioned as first cause in primary reply. Start some multivitamins preparation daily.

-Hormonal imbalance: Get serum TSH/Testosterone/Prolactin level done to rule it out.

Wish you good health,

Follow-up: Forgetting the names of place, numbers and names. What could be the reason and the cure? 36 minutes later
Thanks a lot :)
can you suggest some multivitamins tablets or something?
where in bangalore can i get my harmone tested? does it cost very much ? what could be the cost ?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 7 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

For multivitamins: take Revital 2 times a day.

For investigations you can visit any good lab like: Lal, Religare or path lab in corporate hospitals. It will cost between 1000-2000 Rs depending on lab.

Wish you good health,