Forgetfulness, getting angry easily and feeling blank in the brain. What am I suffering from?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
having problem in brain, i am forgetting everything easily,and even if i am not speaks also brain functioning automatically that time i am not speaking loudly but some distubence passing is inside.that time anger is also activiting.i dont know which doctor have to consult.Pls suggest.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms such as forgetfulness, negative thoughts, getting angry easily, anxiety and feeling blank in the brain seem to be indicative of a depression. If you are hearing any voices from your brain or if you feel that your brain is being controlled by some other force, then we have to consider the possibility of a psychotic disorder also.

Since these symptoms are causing you significant distress and disturbing your personal and social life, you need to seek treatment. There are effective treatment options for these kind of psychological problems. This can be in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist in your area for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment. Don't worry, with appropriate treatment, you will be able to overcome your problems soon.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Forgetfulness, getting angry easily and feeling blank in the brain. What am I suffering from? 2 hours later
Dear sir,

I am not hearing any voices,my problem is i myself speaking without consent automatically inside.,not loudly inside like thinking.getting anger suddenly sometimes.

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 20 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for the clarification. Speaking to yourself in the mind (not aloud) may be due to high levels of anxiety and stress. When the mind becomes too stressed out, such kind of subconscious conversations can take place. Like I had mention ed before, these symptoms of anxiety, unnecessary negative thoughts, anger outbursts may be indicative of a depression.

The basic fact is that these symptoms are causing you distress and seem to be spoiling your peace of mind. So, there is no need for you to be suffering like this when there is good treatment available for such problems. There are medication which can control these unnecessary thoughts or self-speaking in the mind, and improve your mind's focus and stability. Therefore, please see a psychiatrist in person, so that you can have a thorough psychological assessment, and then appropriate treatment can be started.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Forgetfulness, getting angry easily and feeling blank in the brain. What am I suffering from? 3 hours later
Dear sir,

Is i have see neuropsyhcologist or only psychiatrist.pls suggest.

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 8 minutes later
Hello again,

It is best to see a psychiatrist as you problem seems to be predominantly psychological and not neurological.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist