Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin pulled back during first intercourse. Noticed cuts on the edge of foreskin. Worrisome

General Surgeon
Question
Read plz Am 16 my name is XXXXXXX I recently had sex and for the first time my foreskin retracted and I couldnt continue couse it hurted to go inside the next day I pulled my foreskin back it went all the way back it hurted but I manage to pull it back 2 daus later I tried to pull it back but it hurted then I saw 2 cuts on the edges of the foreskin and I couldnt pull it back anymore what should I do should I try to pull it back or wait until it heals ?
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Foreskin should be pulled back. Otherwise, there is a risk of paraphimosis what can lead to impeded blood flow and penis ischemia. If you are unable to do that, and you will notice pain, color change of the glans, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible.
If no pain and no color change, no swelling, you may wait and try to pull it back by your own. You may try some gel (can be with Xylocaine if available)
Cuts on the edges of the foreskin has appeared because it has been too tight to retract freely during the intercourse. This is fine, as thanks to this cuts it should get looser. However it should be pulled back

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Foreskin pulled back during first intercourse. Noticed cuts on the edge of foreskin. Worrisome 33 minutes later
e today I pulled back and it hurts does that mean am soppose to see a doctor or does that mean am soppose to keep doing it until it doesnt hurt anymore ? How should I pulling back without hurting

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 minutes later
Hello!

As long as you are able to pull it back, there is no need to be worried.
It hurts because you have some cuts on the foreskin. Try to keep it pulled back and do not retract it if not necessary. This will allow the foreskin to get healed.
If no improvement in few days, than you should visit urologist.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Foreskin pulled back during first intercourse. Noticed cuts on the edge of foreskin. Worrisome 3 minutes later
Okay thanks fort he help I really appreciated one last question tho one when I pulled back like white stuff came out wat is that ?

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
This white stuff is called smegma. Most likely some part of your foreskin where attached to the penis gland (that is why during the intercourse some cuts has appeared). Between the foreskin and the penis gland this white stuff has accumulated. Just wash it with water and soap and it should not bother you.

Hope this will help.
Regards.