Foreskin pulled back and penis tip became sensitive to touch. Is this normal?

This question is regarding the penis. Till some time back, I was not able to pull back complete foreskin and the tip of penis was not coming out. I got married recently,. During the sex, tip for my penis has come out and XXXXXXX sensitive tip is visible. Now, in normal (unexcited) position also, the 1inch tip is visible outside the foreskin. Initially, it was very sensitive to touch and I was not able to even wear jeans. Now, sensitivity has gone down. I do not feel any discomfort during sex.
My questions are following -
1) Is it normal behavior?
2) Is this exposed portion, vulnerable to infection or something?
3) Will I have any issues later in life?
4) Should, I use any cream or something?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later

First of all, I must congratulate you and your spouse and wish both of you a happy and harmonious married life.

Thank you for the query

The "visible sensitive exposed portion" you are referring to is technically called as "glans penis"

1. This is absolutely normal behavior

2. The exposed glans is not vulnerable to infection unless you have other medical condition like diabetes (uncontrolled), any other sexually transmitted diseases etc

3.The sensitivity will gradually diminish over time as it has happened over the period

4. If you or your partner are not dissatisfied with this exposure of glans and is not hampering your sexual performance or your partner's participation / enjoyment (which I guess, no), then, no need of any intervention.

Overall, it is normal, no need to worry, enjoy your marital life, the way you both want to enjoy.

Good luck