Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin on penis does not retreat on arousal. Is circumcision necessary for this condition?

Urologist
Question
The foreskin on my penis is always intact and does not retreat even on arousal. I understand the the foreskin should retreat upto half in arousal state.

Let me know if this is normal,
Is circumcision necessary for this condition?
will this state affect my martial/sex life?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Dilip Raja 2 hours later

Please note that the foreskin is retracted during flaccid as well erect state. If you cannot do that you may have a painful intercourse and/ or early ejaculation secondary to pain.

Circumcision can rectify the problem, however ideally, you need to be examined and evaluated before deciding on if you need circumcision or not

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need more information.

Best wishes

Dr Dilip Raja

Follow-up: Foreskin on penis does not retreat on arousal. Is circumcision necessary for this condition? 46 hours later
Thanks Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Please let me know whether
- there are other means to rectify this condition apart from circumcision?

- Also whom should i consult ( I mean which specialist) to evaluate this condition to examine the need for circumcision.

Ganesh

Answered by Dr. Dilip Raja 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Surgical procedure is the only solution and there is no pill for cure.

A Urologist or experienced general surgeon can do this procedure. If you are in Mumbai you can come to our clinic after taking a prior appointment.

Since it is very simple procedure done in minutes, you just need few hours of hospital stay.

Best wishes
Dr Dilip Raja